Ace Braces

Friday 31 October 2014

My first set of Invisalign Aligners

It's been another very busy week between work and assignments. Last night I had the pleasure of working at the MOHH pink party in aid of Action Breast Cancer. Can you believe this is all my own hair?!
Definitely have my hat sorted for the Galway races next year!! 
                                                  
Today was very exciting as I got a call to say my first set of Invisalign aligners had arrived earlier than expected. Only too delighted for an excuse to leave the books for an hour, I went over to Ace Braces to get the aligners fitted. So far they just feel a little bit tight but not uncomfortable at all. Being a speech and language therapy student, my biggest fear was that the aligners would affect my speech. Thankfully, though, this hasn't been a problem.





The best part was my family didn't even notice I was wearing them until I went up really close to them smiling like a crazy woman!!

I will wear this set of aligners for two weeks and then I will change to the second set, which I was also given today. I will go back to Ace Braces then in a month to get the little white attachments put on my teeth and the third set of aligners fitted. For optimum results the aligners must be worn for 22 hours every day so I will only remove them for eating and drinking.

Can't wait to see if my friends notice them in college on Monday! I'll keep you posted...
Happy Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment